So you’ve made the first step, be it having signed up to be a YL member or even making that commitment to a healthier lifestyle with EO. Personally, I started with one or two, maybe 3 at once and those were enough to convince me to want more!
An important thing to note is that the essential oils I am referring to will only be from Young Living. In all honesty, after much research and studies on essential oils especially YL’s, I’ve gotten very wary and skeptical of other essential oil brands.
However, before I get started on how to use them, there are some guidelines for you to be aware of;
Due to the high frequency, purity and concentration of Young Living’s oils, there are some storage and usage advice you do need to keep in mind.
There are a couple of different ways to use these oils as stated in this image below;
But perhaps the most important point one has to keep in mind when using these oils, is to use them accordingly to what you want to achieve. For example, if you want to relieve a scratchy throat, do you diffuse or do you ingest? Sure, inhaling may help a tiny bit, why not use it to the best of its potential and ingest by drinking honey water with it or dropping it right into your mouth?
It is important to note that diffusing is different from burning as heat can alter the oils’ compounds. That is why we use a cold-air diffusing method. Why diffuse you ask?
- It has proven to relax the body and mind
- Thus supporting mental clarity and focus
- Promote a hygienic environment
- Thus supporting healthy lung function and immune system
For an easier and hassle-free way of using essential oils, you can also directly inhale by dropping 1 or 2 drops of oil on the palm of your hand before rubbing them together and cup over your nose to take a deep breath. A suggestion? Try the peppermint oil for this. And you’ll see what I mean! But do be careful not to touch your eyes or too close to the face.
Due to the potency of the oils, there are a couple of important notes to keep in mind when using them topically.
- Before rubbing on a wide area, test on a small part of your skin for any irritation or sensitivity.
- Always keep a bottle of V6 Veg Oil Complex handy for topical use. Apply them for dilution as some oils may be too hot and concentrated. It also helps with irritation.
- For efficient topical usage, Vita-Flex points are highly recommended.
- Do not let YL essential oils interact with any other synthetic personal care products like perfume, lotions or nail polish etc.
Due to the oils’ therapeutic grade, that means they are safe to consume as a dietary supplement. Depending on your body’s needs you can;
- Drop under your tongue
- Put in capsule
- Dilute with water/honey/juice
- Add to food (after they’re cooked)
Don’t you worry, we’ll discuss more on each of all these points in time to come. There is an explanation for every single reason as to why you can’t do something or the other with these oils. But in the meantime, do let us know in the comments below if you’ve any questions or email us and we’ll do our best to clear them up for you.
*Disclaimer: The information on Yours Naturely is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any diseases, illnesses or imbalances and should not be used in place of medical advice from your health care professionals. It is provided from personal experiences and is only for educational and entertainment purposes only.