Not too long ago I’ve had the ‘misfortune’ of badly injuring my knee. On a cruise. A holiday. What’s worse is that the very next day was a Santorini day! How could I miss that? By hook or by crook, I had to get out of that cruise ship to see the island for myself. Indeed I did. I gathered up my long plane socks to wrap up my knee for support and my mom helped me apply some essential oils every half and hour to an hour throughout the day. One of these oils, was PanAway. (I’ll do a separate post on all the oils I used later on)
PanAway is a blend oil consisting of peppermint, wintergreen, clove and helichrysum oils. All of which are essential to supporting and soothing our bodies through aches and pains. As much as it is soothing, it warms our muscles which makes it easier for our bodies to relax instead of contracting and let it tense up.
In figuring out what to do with a blend oil, you first have to dig into the layers of what’s behind it and understand what they constitute. Each oil has its purpose. If not there isn’t a need for it to be there.
- Apart from what’s explained in this previous post, peppermint is a cooling oil which helps in enhancing the other oils to drive further into your system. So in most of the oils you use for your issues, layering with peppermint at the end will help tremendously.
- Contains a warming sensation that is essential in soothing tensions in the body, especially the joints and muscles. May be too hot for some with skin sensitivity, so it’s best to dilute with V-6 Oil for first time users.
- Supports healthy immune and purifies our system.
- Known for its restorative purposes especially to the nervous system.
So now you know what each oil is best for, you should more or less have an idea of how you can use PanAway in your life. Right? Please say yes! 😛
In any case, here is a list of a couple of suggestions to get you on the right track.
- Muscle Tension/Soreness Place a few drops on area and massage to promote circulation. Dilute with V-6 Oil for sensitive skin.
- Cramps Same as above. Warm the area with a warm compress to help.
- Joint Issues Place a few drops on area to support healthy cartilage function. Dilute with V-6 Oil for sensitive skin.
- Lower Back Discomfort Apply a few drops on hands and massage to ease the discomfort.
- Stress-Related Issues Inhale or place a swab on temples and forehead to relieve tension. Be careful not to put too much for sensitive skin and not to get too close to the eyes as they may be too hot.
- Bath Mix with Epsom salt and take a warm bath to help ease tensions and increase awareness and focus.
- Diffusing is always a great idea! It helps with your focus and physical and mental discomforts.
As always, these are just some ideas of what people have been using PanAway for. If you have more experiences after experimenting it yourself, don’t forget to let me know!
*Disclaimer: The information on Yours Naturely is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any diseases, illnesses or imbalances and should not be used in place of medical advice from your health care professionals. It is provided from personal experiences and is for educational and entertainment purposes only.