“Nature itself is the best medicine.”
I cannot agree more! When you eat real food in its pure simplicity, your body accepts them naturally and fully. Our bodies aren’t equipped to properly digest chemically-enhanced foods that we’re so used to nowadays. Little do we know, these foods are too taxing for our bodies to handle and that’s where natural foods come in.
Healthy and natural foods have gotten such a bad rep to some but they don’t have to taste bland at all. Take oats for example. When I started having oatmeal, I went from gluten-filled oats with milk to completely vegan and gluten-free! Not only do they taste delicious, they look too pretty to be eaten!
Infuse them with colourful fruits and you have yourself a glamified oatmeal breakfast. Fiber, vitamins, nutrients you have them all in that one pretty bowl.
Take it one step further and add Young Living’s Lemon essential oil, and your meal is fully loaded with a detoxing and cleansing boost. How can you not love that? Plus, they smell lovely and fresh to boot!
1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup blueberries/red dragonfruit
Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
1. Bring oats, water and fruit to a pot on medium heat.
2. Keep stirring to prevent burning until fruit is mixed well.
3. Fruit colour will start to deepen and mixed into mixture.
4. Add almond milk to thicken up the mixture.
5. Add more water if you prefer a thinner oatmeal consistency.
6. Remove from heat and add any sweetener like honey/agave/real maple/stevia.
7. Add 1 drop of lemon to oatmeal and mix.
8. Top with fruits, take a photo and SERVE!
Take a photo of your fruit-infused oatmeal and tag @yoursnaturely and #yoursnaturelyrecipes to share your creations! Have fun!