“Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.”
Even if it is pancakes! From as long as I can remember, I could never say no to pancakes completed with all the gluten and the sugar. But of course, keeping up with that isn’t such a good idea.
Ever since having cleaner food and a heavier plant-based diet, each time I do indulge on meat, dairy or oily foods I’ve always felt the painful consequence after. That’s why making healthier versions of foods, especially the sweet stuff, is such an enjoyable surprise!
I’ve tried both non-vegan and vegan versions of this healthy pancakes and I love them both! Sure, the non-vegan version is fluffier but the vegan version still is pretty darn delicious. It’s all relative to your taste cause you might want to manage your expectations of pancakes. Going gluten-free may taste a tad bit different but it is definitely worth the twist.
Top them with real peanut buter or cacao-coconut oil syrup or real maple and you’re all set! Of course, don’t forget the FRUITS! LOTS & LOTS OF FRUITS!
1 cup ground oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
1 egg or 2 egg whites (1 tbsp flax or chia seeds + 3 tbsp water for vegan option)
1 large banana, mashed
2 tbsp real maple/agave
1 tsp coconut oil
1/3 cup almond milk
1. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
3. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and mix well.
4. Cook and serve!
5. Usually yields 6 medium pancakes (depending on what your medium size is).
– For more proteins, replace 1/4 cup of the ground oats with 1/4 cup of protein powder.
– Add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner batter
– For chocolate pancakes, add 1 tbsp cacao powder and replace almond milk with chocolate oat milk (click for recipe)
Have fun with it! X