This could quite possibly be my all-time favourite snack nowadays! Sweet, salty, tasty, nutty, crunchy and chewy! Argh how can you not love that? I know everything should be taken in moderation, but somehow when it comes to these babies, I just can’t! 😛
Go try it out yourself!
4 sweet potatoes that are low in moisture (I usually use Vietnamese sweet potatoes)
2 dashes of salt
2 tbsp cracked pepper
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1.5 tbsp nutmeg
2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Peel sweet potatoes in running water to avoid oxidation too fast. Prepare a bowl of water to dunk them in.
3. Slice sweet potatoes evenly (unlike mine) and put them in the bowl of water.
4. Rinse the bowl of sliced sweet potatoes a couple of times with water, until the water in the bowl is not cloudy anymore.
5. Drain sweet potatoes and dry them up with clean kitchen towels. Place them on the baking trays.
6. Top with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and oil. Massage with hands to make sure they are evenly coated.
7. Bake in top rack of the oven for approximately 20minutes before checking.
8. If your chips aren’t evenly sliced, they will not be baked evenly at the same time, so you will have to keep checking from time to time, toss and turn them around and take out the ones that are already done first.