Since being sick the past few months, I haven’t had the motivation to do much cooking or baking in the kitchen. But now that I’m on the road to recovery, my will to get well has been up and running and with that comes my desire to start bustling in the kitchen once again. Trying out new recipes and new ideas, some hasn’t gone to plan but well I won’t know till I try right? But then when the end products turn out good, they’ve turned out DELICIOUS!
This FRIYAY recipe is one of my recent gluten-free, vegan and low-carb tries. I’ve somehow been craving for Mexican and although this does not compare to Mexican food BY FAR, it ended up being a pretty good substitute for me. Another thing I’m still surprised at is that I used to HATE avocados. I really did. With a passion. I hated the way it smelled and tasted. And do not even get me started on the mushy texture. But out of the blue, one fine day, I was craving for avocado mash on toast for some reason. I bought the avocado while shaking my head disbelief, I made it and I devoured every bite. I haven’t stopped loving avocados ever since.
With this sauce recipe, I can also use it as a salad dressing and I think I’m addicted to it. I’ve tried it with the addition of jalapeños as well and it’s soooo GOOOOOOD. No joke. The Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil adds a beautiful complement which I really strongly recommend. If not, try Lemon Vitality! Or even Young Living’s Jade Lemon which smells heavenly. In any case, the sauce recipe isn’t that strict. Add what you feel will work best and have less or more of any of the ingredients to adjust to your taste preference. That’s how I like to cook.
So happy cooking and have a great Game Day for the Super Bowl fans! This is the prefect and healthy no-hassle food for your Game Day party! Xx
1/2 head of cauliflower
1/4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 tbsp olive oil
Spice Rub Ingredients
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
Avocado Lime Sauce Ingredients
1/2 avocado, ripe
1 bunch cilantro/english parsley
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp agave/honey/stevia drops
Young Living lime Vitality essential oil
fresh ground pepper to taste
water to desired consistency
Making the Sauce
1. In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients except the essential oil and water until mixed well.
2. Drizzle water to your desired consistency and add salt and pepper to your desired taste.
3. Pour into a bowl and mix in the Young Living lime Vitality essential oil and mix together with a small spoon or a toothpick.
Making the Tacos
1. Preheat oven to 350F / 160C and prepare a baking dish layered with aluminium foil.
2. Cut your cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces.
3. Mix the spice rub ingredients with cauliflower florets, chickpeas and olive oil in a bowl. Use your hands to rub to mix the spices onto the florets and chickpeas.
4. Place them onto the baking dish and into the oven for 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
5. Serve on romaine lettuce cups, with julienned purple cabbage, fresh jalapeño slices and the sauce. DEVOUR.