What’s a girl got to do to satisfy her love of sweet desserts? Especially chocolatey desserts? Make healthy chocolate fudge! At least I will from now on… This recipe is quite possible on of the yummiest recipes I’ve done so far and believe me when I say, I usually can’t stop eating it…. Which isn’t a very good thing too (oh dear…) But well, live a little right? Life is about balance and this part of the equilibrium is unprocessed, vegan, gluten-free and oh-so-totally chocolatey. Not too bad if I say so myself.
Add a little bit of orange zest for a some flavour difference or Young Living’s peppermint oil if you’d like. That’s usually my go-to flavour; chocolate and peppermint and you definitely cannot go wrong with that. Especially with Young Living’s new Vitality™ Dietary Essential Oils collection, take your pick! Orange, peppermint, cinnamon bark, whatever floats your boat.
170g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
6 tbsp coconut oil
450g medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
40g cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil.
- Soak medjool dates with hot water for 10 minutes. Drain afterwards and squeeze them to remove the excess water.
- Place dates in food processor, coconut milk, melted chocolate and oil and process until smooth (might take about 5 minutes).
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder till a thick and shiny consistency. It might not be completely smooth and that’s fine.
- Chill in fridge for 5 minutes before shaping it and leave in fridge to firm (at least 30 minutes).